CONTRIBUTE TO THE MUSTARD SEED CONSPIRACY
The Mustard Seed Conspiracy is an online community publishing anthropological dabblings in faith, doubt, the arts, and humanity. We respond to the overarching question “What does it mean to be human in light of the Kingdom of God?” by creatively reflecting on relevant topics in anthropology from a perspective of faith.
The Mustard Seed Conspiracy highly encourages all forms of creative expression.
Submissions are open on a rolling basis following a monthly theme.
Submissions are open June 1st - July 10th
(To be published August 2019)
We are currently seeking to publish essays, poems, reflections, narratives, songs, and visual artwork responding to the theme of COMMUNITY.
We are interested in publishing responses to the following topics. Please feel free to use as prompts. This list is not exhaustive, and is only meant as a guide.
- Personal experiences in (or lack of) community / The dangers in lack of community.
- How does community relate to faith? Our humanity?
- The meaning and value of community rhythms.
- How communities empower / How communities foster healing.
- How collaboration embodies community in creative processes.
- Community’s role in a specific culture / insider vs. outsider perspective.
- Communities as a multifaceted concept / Communities within communities.
- Tension between community involvement vs, silence, solitude, and introversion.
- Closed communities vs. open communities - pros and cons (ie. monastic life vs. city life)
FOR WRITTEN SUBMISSIONS:
- Please submit only original works that have not been published elsewhere or are up for review with another publisher.
- Please include links to any references or resources.
FOR VISUAL ART / MUSICAL SUBMISSIONS
- Using the submissions form below, please submit a brief artist statement with your piece explaining the work’s basic ideas, and how the topic at hand is presented in the work.
- Additionally, please e-mail a high-quality .jpg or .pdf file of your work to email@example.com.
Please note all submitted entries will be carefully considered for publication, but not all may be chosen to be published. After your submission has been reviewed, we will be in touch to let you know of the status of your piece. All submissions are subject to editing.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
The Mustard Seed Conspiracy is highly invested in its contributors. You are what make this a communal, collective project that reflects the beautiful patchwork of humanity. We are committed to fully supporting each published guest contributor by promoting them and their work or current projects through a variety of social media platforms for the entire month following publication. The more content provided, the better we can promote the contributor and their work. Additionally, any current creative efforts or initiatives will be highly supported and promoted by The Mustard Seed Conspiracy, with discretion from the editors.
TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY, COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW:
If you have any questions regarding the submissions process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.