CONTRIBUTE TO THE MUSTARD SEED CONSPIRACY
The Mustard Seed Conspiracy is an online community publishing anthropological dabblings in faith, doubt, the arts, and humanity. We respond to the overarching question “What does it mean to be human in light of the Kingdom of God?” by creatively reflecting on relevant topics in anthropology from a perspective of faith.
The Mustard Seed Conspiracy encourages all forms of creative expression.
Submissions are open on a rolling basis following a monthly theme.
ON RESILIENCE - September 2019 Publication
CLOSED Entry period is now closed.
ON EMBODIMENT - October 2019 Publication
OPEN NOW. Submissions are open for entries August 1st through September 10th.
We are currently seeking to publish written and visual responses on the theme of EMBODIMENT
We are interested in publishing responses to the following topics. Please feel free to use as prompts. This list is not exhaustive, and is only meant as a guide.
- Individual identity and self image / reclaiming your body
- The mind / body / spirit connection
- The meaning of humans as Image-bearers / embodying the Holy Spirit
- Experiences in finding solid ground and taking up space
- Tacit vs. embodied experiences
- Experiencing God through the five senses
- How specific cultures relate to the human body
- Discuss an embodied Christian theology.
ON DWELLING - Coming soon.
Entry period will open September 1st.
FOR WRITTEN SUBMISSIONS:
- Please submit only original works.
- There is not a word limit for entries, but keep in mind we are looking to publish unique reflections, commentary, narrative, or poetry that is concise and rich in thought.
- Submissions containing unnecessary foul language will not be considered.
- Please include links to any references or resources.
FOR VISUAL ART / MUSICAL SUBMISSIONS
- Using the submissions form below, please submit a brief artist statement with your piece(s) explaining the work’s basic ideas, and how the theme/topic at hand is presented in the work. Artist statements must touch upon the theme/topic in some way.
- Additionally, please e-mail a high-quality .jpg or .pdf files of your visual art to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note all submitted entries will be carefully considered for publication, but not all may be chosen to be published. After your submission has been reviewed, we will be in touch to let you know of the status of your piece. All submissions are subject to editing for length, grammar, style, and tone.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
The Mustard Seed Conspiracy is highly invested in its contributors. You are what make this a communal, collective project that reflects the beautiful patchwork of humanity. We are committed to fully supporting each published guest contributor by promoting them and their work or current projects through a variety of social media platforms. The more content provided, the better we can promote the contributor and their work. Additionally, any current creative efforts or initiatives will be highly supported and promoted by The Mustard Seed Conspiracy, with discretion from the editors.
TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY, COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW:
If you have any questions regarding the submissions process, please contact email@example.com.